Wednesday 1 April 2015

The unbearable pains of unrequited love

I don't think there is absolutely anything in the world that hurts more than unrequited love. And I have seen those Nat Geo documentaries about the bullet ants. The funny thing is, I can't even blame a silly ant for the pain. No one other than myself to put the blame on. She could have made it clear in class 9th that she was in a relation with someone else, a tall footballer with a good sense of humor and presence of mind. Most girls, in their right mind, would have gone for him if it came to a choice. Even if I was the more attractive guy, it was her choice anyways. Can't blame someone for making a choice, can we? It was me who was stupid enough to keep ignoring all the "rumors" that kept floating around, about her relationship. I just didn't want to believe that that could be true. Every time a classmate teased her about that guy, or the other way around, my red blood cell count dipped a little.

Still, I stayed away from that notion as long as I could. Till one day, in class 10th, she admitted it herself. Now I would laugh at someone if they said they were in love even before they were 16, but the fact that I still can't get over her, even after 5 years of knowing that she is in a serious relation with someone else, would probably stop me from doing that.

What wouldn't I do just to see her one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment